FPA GUIDE FOR TAKEAWAYS AND HOME DELIVERY SERVICES ON SAFE HANDLING OF DELIVERY PACKAGING
Further to the recent FSA statement that food packaging is not known to be an agent for transmission of COVID-19, the FPA has issued new guidelines to ensure that takeaways, especially those who are new to takeaway or home delivery service, exercise the best hygiene practices in handling food packaging.
- Packaging should be stored in a secure and dry facility that can only be accessed by takeaway staff
- It must always be stored above the ground, it must never be in contact with the floor. This includes the box the packaging is placed in
- Takeaway employees should read the packaging’s storage instructions on the outer transit packaging and abide by them
- Packaging should be left in the inner, non-porous plastic sleeve until just prior to service
- Packaging should be handled with gloves that are changed regularly and/or handled with clean, washed, sanitised hands
- All packaging should be disposed of responsibly and never littered